I live, I learn, I travel, I write.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Spring Break on the East Coast! Part One

This is long overdue, but I went on a spring break trip for the first time, like, ever this past March. It had been a while since I'd seen Lauren, and around Christmas I started planning a trip to go see her at grad school in DC. It was significantly cheaper to fly into Baltimore and take the train than to fly into Dulles in DC. So that's what I did! Lauren met me in Baltimore and we spent the day there. We stopped by the Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History & Culture, and it was pretty interesting. We mostly went there because I had my carry-on bag from the flight and there were no lockers to put it in. So I thought I could find a coin locker at the museum... I was wrong.

Afterwards we went to the Blue Moon Cafe (as seen on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives) and at the most delicious French toast I've ever encountered. Well worth the hype and wait.





Then we walked down to the Inner Harbor and enjoyed the brisk morning and afternoon. Well, we grabbed a beer at a restaurant on the water first. Then we walked around and found some weird art installations.














Afterwards, we went shopping and got ice cream... accidentally found a mall, and decided to check out what the water taxi was. It's basically just this boat that took you to the different parts of the harbor area. It was pretty cool... though the times were not the greatest, especially since it was March.







It was starting to get late so we caught the train back to DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment